Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A reopened time capsule

...is just as much fun as the first time you open it. My husband and I created a time capsule "to be opened at the Millenium" when we were merely 3-months married. It contained a few items to remind of us of our Vegas wedding trip: a "Slots-o-Fun" card and a soap from the hotel in which we stayed. It also contained letters from ourselves to ourselves and to each other. We also included a napkin that we'd scrawled random Spanish phrases made up of the few Spanish words we knew, "Donde es el diablo?", "Hoy es dias de los juevos," and my personal favorite, "Escucha la enchirito para todos mureto perros y gatos." Which roughly translates to "Listen to the enchirito for all the dead dogs and cats." Yep, we know how to have some fun.

My favorite item, however, is the piece of paper folded in half that reads, "Anyone can put a bowel movement in a can, but it takes a real genius to roll it in Corn Nuts." It is in my husband's handwriting, but we cannot for the sake of ourselves remember what led to this conclusion. We were notorious for staying up way too late, drinking way too much coffee, and getting far too slap-happy for our own good. Every now and again we'd get the notion to write down some of our random thoughts. One that I can remember is a Simon Says list of things, such as: Simon Says...defy the laws of physics...hover...undulate...etc.

Going through our time capsule 15 years later reminds me that my husband is my favorite chum and he has been for a better part of the last 25 years. We surely get goofy and he makes me laugh my craziest snort laugh and I absolutely love it. One of my favorite things is to laugh so hard that tears are streaming, snot is threatening to blow bubbles, and all you have to do is see the other person laugh and it gets you all over again. ...Good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment